• Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data
• Entire USB protocol handled on the chip - No
USB-specific firmware programming required.
• UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2
stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity.
• Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software
• Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Megabaud
(RS422 / RS485 and at TTL levels) and 300 baud
to 1 Megabaud (RS232).
• 256 byte receive buffer and 128 byte transmit
buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow
for high data throughput.
• FTDI’s royalty-free VCP and D2XX drivers
eliminate the requirement for USB driver
development in most cases.
• In-built support for event characters and line break
• New USB FTDIChip-ID™ feature.
• New configurable CBUS I/O pins.
• Auto transmit buffer control for RS485 applications.
• Transmit and receive LED drive signals.
• New 48MHz, 24MHz,12MHz, and 6MHz clock
output signal Options for driving external MCU or
• FIFO receive and transmit buffers for high data
• Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
• Synchronous and asynchronous bit bang mode
interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.
• New CBUS bit bang mode option.
• Integrated 1024 Bit internal EEPROM for storing
USB VID, PID, serial number and product
description strings, and CBUS I/O configuration.
• Device supplied preprogrammed with unique USB
• Support for USB suspend and resume.
• Support for bus powered, self powered, and high
power bus powered USB configurations.
• Integrated 3.3V level converter for USB I/O .
• Integrated level converter on UART and CBUS for
interfacing to 5V - 1.8V Logic.
• True 5V / 3.3V / 2.8V / 1.8V CMOS drive output
and TTL input.
• High I/O pin output drive option.
• Integrated USB resistors.
• Integrated power-on-reset circuit.
• Fully integrated clock - no external crystal,
oscillator, or resonator required.
• Fully integrated AVCC supply filtering - No separate
AVCC pin and no external R-C filter required.
• UART signal inversion option.
• USB bulk transfer mode.
• 3.3V to 5.25V Single Supply Operation.
• Low operating and USB suspend current.
• Low USB bandwidth consumption.
• UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible
• USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
• -40°C to 85°C extended operating temperature
• Available in compact Pb-free 28 Pin SSOP and
QFN-32 packages (both RoHS compliant).
1.1 Hardware Features
Your message must be between 20-8000 characters